Upcoming Events!! See what's happening...
Join us Saturday, December 2, 2017 for our Christmas Parade followed by Christmas on the Square!!
Enjoy food, fun, caroling, and much more Saturday, December 2, 2017 downtown Marion, AL.
2017 HISTORIC HOME TOUR
Make your vote count...Special U.S. Senate Election for the State of Alabama will take place on Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Our Little Miss Marion Pageant will be held each year in November.
Sunday, November 4, 2018.
Trick or Treat with the City of Marion:
The Mayor's Office, the Marion Volunteer Fire Department, and the Marion Police Department will be giving candy, popcorn, and free face painting on Halloween.
Location: Between the Marion City Hall & the Fire Station (123 E. Jefferson St.)
When: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Time: 4:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Magic City Smooth Jazz/ Jazz in the Park presents:
Our 2018 Jazz on the Square combined with our 200 Bicentennial Event: Honoring our People through Jazz.
Held: Saturday, April 21, 2018
Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the smooth sounds of jazz!
For vendor information, please contact 334.683.6545 or 334.607.5066
Annual Marion Rodeo
takes place in June of each year.
Check back with us for updates.
* Mayor Dexter Hinton
* Melvin Miller Funeral Services
* Alabama Power Co.
* Berean Baptist Church
* Marion Bank & Trust Co.
* Violet Jones of Alfa Insurance
* Turner, Turner P.C., Attorney-At-Law
* Southland Nursing Home
* Councilwoman Jocelyn Tubbs-Turner
* James M. Barnes Jr., Attorney-At-Law
* Alabama Blackbelt Foundation
* New Fellowship Baptist Church
* Hickory Grove Baptist Church
* Black Belt Hardware
* Perry County Commissioner Tim Sanderson
* Mr. & Mrs. Hinton
* Marion Mart
Marion-Perry County Library has storytime for children ages 10 and under every Wednesday. Join the them for a fun learning experience.
202 Washington Street
Marion, AL 36756
Hours of Operation
M-T 9:00 a.m.- til 5:00 p.m
Closed from 1-2 p.m. for Lunch
Thank you to all of our volunteer coaches!!
* Mayor Dexter Hinton
* Judge Robert Bryant Jr.
* Dr. Kris McConnell
* Mr. Marcus Powell
* Mrs. Tara Carter
* Mr. Lionel Hinton
* Mrs. Pamela Jackson
* Mr. Darrell Lockett
* Mr. Curtis Benjamin
* Mr. Reginald Bryant
* Mr. Robert Turner Jr.
* Mr. Brentley Wright
* Ms. Dinah Essex
* Ms. Tracey Lewis
* Ms. Shontae Kynard
* Mr. Darrelle Heard
* Ms. Mary Squire
* Mr. Dexter Evans
* Ms. Leslye Essex
* Mr. Bryon Turner
* Ms. Samatha Suttles
Have your blood pressure checked for FREE every Wednesday @ the Perry County Health Dept./
Sowing Seeds of Hope from 2-4 p.m.
Sponsored by the American Cancer Society
Yolanda Spears (local director/contact)
The Perry County Cancer Care Closet
located @ the Perry County Health Dept. in Marion, AL provides FREE wigs, turbans, and scarves to cancer patients every Tuesday from 9:00 a.m -4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch from 12-1).
Please Contact Debbie Curry
Annual Mayfest, Antique Car, Truck, & Tractor Show is held each year during the first Saturday in May!
Saturday, May 5, 2018
Please check back with us for contact updates.
Continuous Announcements, Meetings, & Events!
* Marion-Perry County Library has storytime for children ages 10 and under every Wednesday from 10-11 a.m.
* The Perry County Commission meets at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Public comments are held from 5:00 p.m. to 6 p.m.
* The Marion City Council meets on the first and third Monday of each Month immediately following Public Comments at 6:00 p.m. in the Council's Chambers at the Marion City Hall. (Public Comments begin at 6:00 p.m.)
* The Perry County Airport and Industrial Authority meets on the second Monday of each month @ 5 p.m. @ Vaiden Field.
* The Marion-Perry County Library Board meets the second Monday of each month @ 3 p.m. @ the Marion-Perry County Library.
* Perry County E-911 Board meets every second Thursday of the month @ the Courthouse Annex @ 10:00 a.m.
* The Perry County Water Authority meets @ 6 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
* The Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors meets the third Tuesday of each month @ 5:30 p.m.
* Black Belt Citizens Fighting for Health and Justice meet @ 6 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the Uniontown City Hall Auditorium.
* Isham Garrott Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 764 meets on the fourth Sunday of each month @ the Marion Depot @ 2:30 p.m. For more information call (334)-683-2111.