Upcoming Events!! See what's happening...
City of Marion, Main Street Marion, 200 Alabama
Bicentennial, Marion Military Institute, & Magic City Smooth
Jazz/ Jazz in the Park presents:
Our 2019 Jazz on the Square combined with our 200
Bicentennial Event: Honoring our People & Places through
Held: Saturday, April 6, 2019
Bring your lawn chairs and enjoy the smooth sounds of jazz!
For vendor information, please contact: 334.683.6545
Our Little Miss Marion Pageant will be held each year in
Sunday, November 3, 2019.
Trick or Treat with the City of Marion:
The Mayor's Office, the Marion Volunteer Fire Department, and the Marion Police Department will be giving candy,
popcorn, and free face painting on Halloween.
Location: Between the Marion City Hall & the Fire Station (123 E. Jefferson St.)
When: Thursday, October 31, 2019
Time: 4:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
You don't want to miss City Fest!!! Come join us for food
and fun!!! City Fest will take place in October of 2019 on
the Perry County Courthouse Square located at 300
Washington St. Marion, AL. For more information and
vendor setup opportunities, please contact 334-683-
Annual Marion Rodeo
takes place in June 2019
Check back with us for updates.
Marion-Perry County Library has storytime for children
ages 10 and under every Wednesday. Join the them for a
fun learning experience.
202 Washington Street
Marion, AL 36756
Hours of Operation
M-T 9:00 a.m.- til 5:00 p.m
Closed from 1-2 p.m. for Lunch
Email: [email protected]
Baseball Returns! Mayor makes good on
promise to return baseball back to the City
of Marion. The grand re-opening was held at
Douglas Moore Memorial Park with an
opening ceremony which included a ribbon
cutting ceremony, the National Anthem,
music, and much more...
Have your blood pressure
checked for FREE every
Wednesday @ the Perry
County Health Dept./
Sowing Seeds of Hope from
Sponsored by the American Cancer
Yolanda Spears (local
The Perry County Cancer Care Closet
located @ the Perry County Health Dept. in
Marion, AL provides FREE wigs, turbans, and
scarves to cancer patients every Tuesday from
9:00 a.m -4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch from 12-1).
Please Contact Debbie Curry
Continuous Announcements, Meetings, & Events!
* Marion-Perry County Library has storytime for children ages 10 and under every Wednesday from 10-11 a.m.
* The Perry County Commission meets at 6 p.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Public comments
are held from 5:00 p.m. to 6 p.m.
* The Marion City Council meets on the first and third Monday of each Month immediately following Public
Comments at 6:00 p.m. in the Council's Chambers at the Marion City Hall. (Public Comments begin at 6:00 p.m.)
* The Perry County Airport and Industrial Authority meets on the second Monday of each month @ 5 p.m. @ Vaiden
* The Marion-Perry County Library Board meets the second Monday of each month @ 3 p.m. @ the Marion-Perry
* Perry County E-911 Board meets every second Thursday of the month @ the Courthouse Annex @ 10:00 a.m.
* The Perry County Water Authority meets @ 6 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
* The Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors meets the third Tuesday of each month @ 5:30 p.m.
* Black Belt Citizens Fighting for Health and Justice meet @ 6 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the
Uniontown City Hall Auditorium.
* Isham Garrott Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 764 meets on the fourth Sunday of each month @ the Marion
Depot @ 2:30 p.m. For more information call (334)-683-2111.